Monday, July 21, 2008

The Good Old Days

This weekend my four best friends from college got together for a reunion. Kim flew down, and Wendy and I drove down to the O.C. to Heidi's house. We had so much fun just being together, and we reminisced through the college years. The weekend wouldn't be complete without pedicures, a visit to Target (like we used to be obsessed with), a little mall shopping, staying up late, giggling about how silly we were (and a bit crazy), eating lots (Hot T's and Junior Mints rock!), and lots of Starbucks coffee. Wendy posted lots of old college pictures on her blog if you want to check it out! Their blog is the link at the bottom of my friends list- The Penberthys. We need to get together more often! I love being able to pick up where we left off... there's something about being with people that know you so well- who know all of your strengths as well as all of your weaknesses, who have been hurt by you and have forgiven, and who love you the same even through all of the years of little communication. These girls witnessed the transforming years of my life- they watched me make lots of mistakes (and tried to help me), were the brunt of some of my sinful habits, saw me through relationships gone wrong (and teased me appropriately), we walked through the fire (seriously intense volleyball training-borderline bodily abuse), and these girls still were so good to me! The Lord is so good to bless me with these girls! I love you!

3 comments:

Kristi Bowers said...

When I have pre season volleyball for the school I coach I always tell them about our pre season at Master's-I agree on the bodily abuse!! I try to tell them they don't have it bad at all compared to what we went through. I remember feeling like I couldn't get out of bed I was so sore!! Sounds like you had fun!

Julie Gebhards said...

Julie,

I love you so much. I am proud of you in so many ways. I am thrilled that you were able to spned this rockin' time with your friends. You deserve more time away than you get.

Also, your blog is great. I am blessed by it very much. It is funny that I live in this house and still am blesed by these episodes and stories. The tale of the true fan is that they cannot get enough. Well you know, as they say "Up with the Greater Munch Bunch!"

Your adoring hubby- kurt

Leo and Kim said...

What a sweet comment from your hubby! I think I will recommend Leo read it. :)