Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall Fun

Kurt's new office. Another pic toward the bottom. It is beautiful!
Halloween night. Kinley is a butterfly, Shea a Jedi Princess, Reilly a hobo, Cam and angry Rhino, and Macy-boo a sweet mouse. The night was peppered with rainfall, but we had fun anyway.
Our little dalmation. He barked if you squeezed his paws.
Grandma with the happy baby.
Grandpa with the happy baby.
A shot of Kurt's new office. It is expansive and beautiful!
Our little contortionist twisting out of the bumbo seat...
Grandpa relaxing under the awning he designed in the big girls' room. It's not quite finished (the room) but the girls are happy! (check them out in the mirror!)
Celebrating Reformation Day (Oct 30) at school. Another reason I am so glad my kids are at a Christian school! They spent the day learning about the reformers and singing praise to God! Grandma made all of the costumes for the kids. Reilly is Moses, Kinley is Mary, Cam is Sarah. When I asked Shea who she wanted to be, she told me, "Mom, I'm going to be Bathsheba." I was a little stunned. She's only 8, so I knew she didn't really know what she was saying. "Um, no you're not." She could tell my mind was running and I think she didn't think I meant what I said. "Ya, I am! I am going to be Bathsheba!" Hmm. How should I go about this. "Uh, do you know who Bathsheba is??" "Yep I do. She was David's wife." How do I tell her... "Well, she was David's wife, but she really isn't someone you want to dress up as." Shea proceeded to argue with me a little bit more, but I just put my foot down and told her no. Some day we'll have a good laugh together about that one...
Another shot of the bedroom. Grandpa also lengthened She's bed so that we could arrange the beds like this. Grandma and Grandpa came and spent just over two weeks with us. It was great to have them here! We enjoyed our visit with them and were greatly benefitted and blessed by them. Grandpa was hard at work on little house projects and grandma was just grandma... helping out with the food and laundry and spending lots of time loving on the kiddos. Thanks grandma and grandpa for spending time with us and for all of the love you pour out on us! We love you!

3 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Sooooo cute Girl. Let's talk soon. Love you.

Carly Jean Brannon said...

Great update! love to see pics of all that is going on! Miss you guys, and Chad was so bummed to miss this weekend. We heard it was wonderful! Talk soon, cJ

p.s. I like the pumpkin!

Natalie said...

Too funny about Bathsheba!!!