Friday, November 13, 2009

Wow.

Wow. I can be so shallow. I can get antsy about finding a pair of jeans to fit Shea. About a milk spill on the dining room table. About a trail of mud into my bathroom.
Wow. I can actually get mildly irritated by a slow driver on a one lane road. Or when my keys go missing. Or when my son spits up on an outfit that I just put on him.
Wow. I can spend entire days just making mental lists and checking things off when they get done. Going from one task to the next, with hardly any thought for anything beyond the "to-dos".
Today I am so thankful to be shocked again out of my monotony and apathy. I just watched Nichole Greene's memorial service live on-line, and was forced into wondering what would be said about me if I died today. I would be honored to have things said about me like what was said about Nichole. I was reminded today to live for the line, not the dot (eternity, rather than the "dot" of this life). James 4:14 says, "Why, you don't even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." How about that? Psalm 90:12 says, "Lord, teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
I want to resolve today to live each moment for the Lord Jesus Christ. What else matters?