Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, we can hardly believe it... maybe you noticed that the layout on the blog changed from what it was to BLUE(ish) this afternoon. Maybe not.
We had the appointment at 12:15, and have been celebrating all day. I have to admit, I thought it would be impossible for it to be a boy, but with God, all things are possible! It honestly feels like a miracle to us.
Here's a little peak into the ultrasound room. So the technician did all of the measurements (which happened to be the LONGEST ultrasound I've ever had, no joke), then it was time to call Kurt and the little girls in. As I had been laying there on the table, the Lord gave me some good time to pray, repent of my unbelief, and plead one last time for a boy, this time (for the first time!) I actually believed that He could do it. Up until then, I had really not thought it possible. I reminded God of all of the people who had been praying (not that He needed my reminder), and how blessed all of them would be to receive a "yes" answer-especially my husband. So in walk Kurt and the girls. The technician moves the little get-up around a bit on my tummy trying to find a good angle, then says, "There it is!" I've seen my fair share of ultrasounds, and thought I knew what I was seeing, but in total shock, I couldn't be sure until she said it. I wanted so much to hear her say it. Kurt was staring at the screen, having NO IDEA what he was looking at. We waited a moment, then she told us, "it's a boy!" Immediately, tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably (and kept coming for quite a while). In that moment, my heart was overflowing with thankfulness to the Lord for His great kindness to us. Boy or girl, we would have rested in His sovereignty. However, this was good news! Kurt was just laughing, and the more he laughed, the more I cried. What a moment! We were both just thrilled beyond words, and just plain happy!!
We celebrated together, grabbed some lunch together, and kept looking at each other repeating those sweet words, "We're having a boy!!!" Now we needed to scheme how we were going to tell the kids, especially Reilly. We decided to make a sign that says, "Reilly and Dax's Room", and wrapped it up and gave it to him and Shea to open. It was so sweet to see the kids come running in the front door after school screaming, "WHAT IS IT???!!! WHAT IS IT??!?!??" So Kurt "tortured" them a little with some reminders about God's sovereignty (it was "torture" in Reilly's words, because he made them think it was a girl), and that God makes no mistakes, and that everything He does is for our good, etc. etc. Then we let them open the gift. When Reilly saw what the sign said, he was speechless, and simply climbed over the table, jumping into Kurt's arms, weeping! Kurt was cradling him (it's all on video), and they both were just crying! It was too precious, and I was weeping once again, as I videotaped it all.
Kinley gets home 30 minutes later, so for her we simply wrote "it's a boy" on a piece of paper, then coached her as she sounded out each of the words. She responded how she does with most everything- with a huge smile and that sparkle in her eyes. She didn't stop smiling for a long time! The kids have been so excited all day, as have Kurt and I.

The happiest boys in the universe

Kinley, practicing her reading. A little hard to see, but the paper says, "It is a boy!!"

There wasn't a doubt in the technician's mind. This pic is a shot of the baby's tush (far left) looking straight up. The arrows indicate what's "not there" when looking at an ultrasound of a girl. (This is how I explained it to the girls) I hope Dax (in the future) finds it humorous that the first picture the world saw of him was of his "hind parts".

Dax, flexing his muscles for the camera. This is his little arm (which is probably not any thicker than a pencil, but doesn't it look good??) and the top of his head. I think he has nice shoulders. He'll look good in muscle shirts.

22 comments:

the e-wife, Karen said...

We're so disappointed it wasn't TWINS!! Just kidding...we are happy for you all! "Bookend" boys it is for the Gebhards!

Mrs. Jorgenson said...

Yay! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you all!!

Jenny said...

A true blessing! How exciting to add more snips and snails and puppy dog tails to the Munch Bunch!

Plasterer Family said...

Hi Julie! Congratulations on your baby boy!!! What a joy for your family- just reading about your son's reaction brought tears to my eyes too- precious.

Unknown said...

We're thrilled for you! Congratulations!

Pastor Patrick said...

Thanks for the detailed account. We're so excited for your family! Boy, your quiver is full! Hope we can see you all again soon. ~Patrick, Christine, and Eden.

Crystal said...

Congratulations!!!! Don't you just love how the technician keeps you in suspense FOREVER??? I am so happy for you all!

Amrena Skye said...

Yeah for the Gebhards! It is neat to see God answer prayers : )

Maggie said...

Julie, Kurt, Munch Bunch -- Congratulations!!
Clarification needed: our new little munchie will be named "Dax", yes?

Happy Hollie said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

Melissa said...

What an incredible blessing! I had tears as I read your story. With Him ALL things ARE possible! :)

Tasha said...

We are so happy for you all!!!!! Praise the Lord for this wonderful blessing!

clyde said...

this is such good news. praise Jesus.

Unknown said...

this is kristin...so awesome!!! maybe it is because i am pregnant and hormonal but i totally cried reading that post. reilly and kurt hugging and crying??? killl me!!! congratulations!!

fredsgirl said...

Julie,
Stumbled across your blog from facebook and just had to see the good news! After 3 boys and the oldest announcing, "No more boys, mom!" after finding out we were expecting - I know exactly how you feel! I made the Doctor repeat himself, after announcing,"Its a girl" as he pointed to the nothing, b/c there was always something. The Lord our God is so sweet to demonstrate to our children in such a tangible way, answer to heart's desires and much prayer!

Natalie said...

So so so happy for all of you. In my head I can hear Kurt's unending laughter............very contagious.

The Murphy Family said...

That is so exciting! We ran into Kurt while all getting our hair done, so we were anxious to know what you're having! That is amazing news!

Michelle said...

So excited!!! Ahh!

Sandhya said...

Hi Julie- Just found your blog through all the other blogs and almost cried at this post. Such exciting news for your sweet family! Congratulations!
Sandhya

Becky Martin said...

Yay!!! Congratulations :) Dax & Colton can be buddies -- maybe even born on the same day, and both really tall ;)

Andrea Cervantes said...

Julie, I red your blog and it made me cry!/...maybe because I'm pregnant! I am so touched by you sharing your heart and so happy and exciting for you! Congrats!

Chunny and Me said...

Hey, that's wonderful news! Congratulations!!! I didn't even know you were pregnant again, but this is really exciting! I'll be anxiously awaiting pics of your precious new addition!
Love you guys!
Lisa Chun (Hamilton)