Saturday, August 29, 2009

Reception


The sweet ladies of Hickory Harvest Church hosted an amazing reception to welcome me to the church. We joked around that it was like I was getting married- it was so beautifully detailed! There were stunning flower centerpieces in greens and browns on each table, and I would have chosen exactly what they did if it had been my own wedding reception! I absolutely loved it. The vase in the picture was in the entry to the clubhouse. The girls who hosted it put together a basket of goodies for me (left side of the pic) including some of what you see above- notecards, giftcards, a door mat, a beautiful candle with the holder, and more. The treasure box on the right was opened and filled with cards welcoming me to the church family from the ladies who attended.
There was a beautiful spread of food as well, also perfectly presented and delicious! To my delight, the dessert table was not lacking in any way, especially in chocolate... I hope to post pictures of the actual reception soon! The "wedding cake" was a three tiered cake iced with green and brown- it may be the most beautiful cake I have seen!
What made the evening perfectly enjoyable was meeting and interacting with all of the sweet southern ladies from the church. I wish I had a day to spend with each of them! These people have taken our family into their fold and have embraced us with so much love and kindness. We have loved our time here so far and look forward to years of ministering with these people!

6 comments:

Julie Gebhards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Gebhards said...

(Kurt here)

Sweet Jules! I am thrilled to see this report and the pictures that you have included. You paint such a beautiful picture of this amazing night! I am glad that the ladies of Hickory Harvest have embraced you with such generosity. You are an amazing woman and God's richest earthly gift to me.

Much, much love, Kurt

M in Tarzana said...

Oh Julie! How our LORD has answered prayers exponentially BEYOND our wildest hopes or imagination! I do echo your beloved husband's praise of you and the loving women of your flock! PRAISE GOD for all HIS kindness continually!

Happy Hollie said...

Yeah Julie!
So glad you are being loved so abundantly. i love you!

Ayemi said...

So that's what Southern hospitality is! wow they are above and beyond. It's comforting for us to see that the church there is honoring you in such sweet ways, makes it easier for us to let you go (just a bit!).

Carly Jean Brannon said...

What a sweet time. I love the thoughtful details and care put into it. We are so excited to see you so loved and cared for. I also love that those hickory ladies must be creative and wonderful hosts!