Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Wish They All Could Be California Girls

Mandy, Shayna, Nikki, Susan and Kim at around 11:30 in the parking lot of Carrabbas. We couldn't stop talking.
Mandy, Susan, Nikki, Me, and Kim.
Shayna, Kim and Nikki. Nikki kept having everyone say "haaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiii" for the pictures.
Mandy, Nikki and Kim. We were all BFFs by the end of the night.
In a "North Carolina" rocking chair in front of Cracker Barrell. The California girls miss southern comfort food. We all ate breakfast for dinner this night.
Eating brownie sundaes and watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". PJ party!
It was so much fun having some of my closest girl friends from California out for a visit! We had such a great weekend together. We stayed up WAY too late every night- I think we were up until 2:45 the first night they were here. We didn't ever get to bed before 1:30, I believe... those wild party girls! We had such a blessed time and I'm pretty sure they're all moving out here soon. :)
Monday night had to be the highlight- I planned an evening out for "Coastal Connections" (Nikki, you are such a cheeseball!) and we went out to dinner with four girls from the church here. (I forgot to get a picture before two had to leave!) We shared our testimonies of God's faithfulness to us and how He has worked in and through us, and were blessed beyond measure. It was amazing how the Lord knit our hearts together in such a short time! We arrived at the restaurant at 6:00 and didn't leave until around 11:30. I'm voting we make "Coastal Connections" with no kids a regularly scheduled event, and even extend it for a weekend!!
I absolutely love my new friends here but I do miss these sweet girls! I am SO thankful and humbled that they would make the huge trip out here to spend some time with me, as well as to help me to get the house situated. They decorated, unpacked a few more boxes, helped with the kids, and blessed me so much with their sweet presence! I love you girls!
Memories from the weekend:
"Doogers" (you know, the family with 17 kids)- Nikki's pronunciation
Grits (I had never had them before Cracker Barrell)
"All of the Gebhards' children look so much alike!" (Shayna, commenting on the stickers on the back of my car)
"IT'S SNOWING!!" (Shayna, as the plane was landing)
Faith is your Companion (profound)
Gather Prayer (more profound)
"Set down and eat your mill!" (Kim and her ????????? accent)
Hobby Lobby experience

No comments: