Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Since it is Mother's Day, I thought it would be appropriate to give honor to whom honor is due...so I thought I would compose a list of reasons why my mom rocks!
1. My mom always let us have all of the neighborhood kids over, and would always make us snacks and bring them to us on a tray
2. My mom let my dad build a 10 foot long cage in the backyard for SNAKES (my brothers would catch them)
3. We had more pets than you could imagine- snakes, lizards, frogs, hamsters, rabbits, dogs, cats, rats, and even a pet crow! Read that list slowly again. Do you know any mom that would allow this?
4. My mom hosted a class field trip to our house to see the animals!
5. My mom supported us through each endeavor- sports, jobs (SHE would sub for my brother's paper route!), anything!
6. My mom pushed us in those "other endeavors" (ie. piano- we've all been there, and heard that lovely phrase, "You'll thank me for this someday"...'gulp', that's me swallowing my humble pie, "Thanks Mom".)
7. My mom supported me through college, taking a side job in order to help pay my way through
8. My mom was at every volleyball game I can remember in high school, and attended every college game that they (my parents) could make it to
9. My mom has dropped everything to make it to EVERY baby delivery, has helped with all kinds of things here- house cleaning, cooking, watching the kids, has come to birthday parties, school performances, pre-school outings, and much much more... she has planned beach vacations for the crew, special events for my kids, taken them to Legoland, Marine World, Disneyland, the Park, the Zoo, Gilroy Gardens, Movies, Dinner...
The list could go on and on! Thanks mom, I wouldn't trade you for another mom!! Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Kristi Bowers said...

I AM SO EXCITED THAT WE FOUND EACH OTHER!! I found Wendy a few weeks ago and since then I have been able to find a few people from Master's! Don't you love technology? Thanks for commenting on my blog! Sounds like you are really busy! Wow 5 kids-you go girl! my email is kbowers@wrightchristian.com
I would love to hear from you!