Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Field Trip with Shea



Friday was Shea's class field trip to Underwood Family Farms. I finally was "picked" to go with her and her class (I've volunteered to go on every field trip since Reilly was in kindergarten, but have only recently been "picked"). So Friday we went to the farm and we really had a great time. She was so excited for me to come, and when I arrived (parents drove themselves) she jumped up as if she hadn't seen me in a week, ran over and gave me a big hug. She proceeded to introduce me to each of her little friends. It was a lot of fun, and we got to pick a grocery bag full of vegetables to bring home. The picking was fun, but admittedly we won't consume the turnips, radishes, bok-choy, beets, or all of the cilantro... Shea had planned to make a large pot of vegetable soup, but no one in this family would eat that! Quite honestly, I didn't even know a thing about how to cook these vegetables! Anyway, it was fun to meet her friends and enter her little world. We had a great time!

5 comments:

Kristi Bowers said...

It is great to see you in one of your pictures!! How fun, I love field trips. I am lucky to get to go sometimes on my kids if my classes don't interfere!!

Hohn C said...

Mmm, bok choy. :-)

Amber said...

I went there to for Kyle's class field trip back in October. Fun field trip to go on.

Monique said...

Hi Julie! Somehow I found your blog! So fun to check in with all of you! Shea is so beautiful. I remember when you were pregnant with her! I can't believe how time flies! Anyway, just droppin' a line to say hey so "hey!" Take care.

Happy Hollie said...

I miss you....let's kick it soon!