Monday, December 1, 2008

Multi-tasking Momma

Besides getting some Christmas shopping done today, I gave Kinley a hair-cut, helped Shea with her homonym homework, Reilly with dictionary definitions, read to Cam, and made parmesan-crusted chicken with crescents, broccoli and potatoes for dinner. Nothing fancy or out of the ordinary (it sounds fancier than it was). The multi-tasking part of the day made me laugh a bit. I was starting dinner, and was on facebook for a few minutes. A "chat" conversation started with Kim G. about little munchkin #6, when another conversation popped up with Liz. We were conversing about schooling options. Then the phone rang. It was Kim G. We chatted on the phone (ending the on-line chat), when another conversation popped up with a sweet mentor friend of mine. Of course the kids were still talking to me intermittently as well. So I was talking with Kim G., chatting on-line with Liz and another friend, when the other phone line rang. It was the babysitter. "Kim, can you hold on for just a second?" (it was the second time the sitter was calling and I wanted to confirm her coming, and I knew it would be quick). I caught myself then and had to laugh- I was in the middle of four conversations at once, two phones on my ears... oh, the wonders of modern technology! And I apologize to any participants who felt like they only had a quarter of my attention...

Here's the "half-way" haircut. We went short, after Kinley saw an old video of her when her hair was short and cute. I'm happy- short hair is so much easier!

2 comments:

Kristi Bowers said...

congrats on munchkin #6-how cool is that!! you brave woman....

143Steve said...

Julie when are you due???