Tuesday, February 10, 2009

On the Upswing

Well, things are looking up. Thanks so much for the food tips and advice, it was encouraging. I've made a "re-discovery" of something great that should help- smoothies. My kids have been loving them, and they help me to get fruit and dairy in. And, it's SO easy, and so tasty! I think I could compete with Jamba Juice. Here's a favorite- Frozen strawberries (10 big ones, or so), two or three bananas, about a half cup of orange juice concentrate, and milk. Throw it all in the blender, and the kids have a treat and I'm getting fruit! And we've varied it a little with orange sherbet and yogurt, and sometimes with a different frozen berry mixture. So tasty. The kids also love the banana and peanut butter smoothie- it's just bananas, peanut butter, ice, and milk. Kinda takes a lot of peanut butter to make it taste really good, but hey- for kids, it's okay. Anyway, it's been a little cold for smoothies the past couple of days, but that just means they'll be that much better in the summer.
An update on Nichole's blog coming soon.

1 comment:

Jill Wragg** said...

Smoothies are our new 10 a.m. snack around here! No more, "Mom, what can I have for snack?" while I'm changing a dirty diaper and teaching fractional parts at the same time! :-) Enjoy your smoothies! I know I love desserts, too, and it sure doesn't help keep the weight down!