Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thoughts on Pregnancy

Well, I'm sitting here at the computer waiting for my parents to arrive from San Jose, and pondering the thought that this may be the last night of my life being pregnant... and wanted to capture a few thoughts before the little man comes.
Wow, am I thankful to the Lord for all six little blessings He has so kindly given to us! I look around and see many people who struggle to get pregnant, and know that I am so undeserving of these precious gifts! My heart is so full, and my love for the Lord grows as I enjoy each little munchkin, knowing that I deserve nothing, actually worse than nothing, yet He has chosen to bless us over and over again- and abundantly- beyond what I could have ever imagined.
I love looking at my belly. I will miss it terribly, though I won't miss all of the little pains and difficulties that come along with a huge belly. I love walking through the store, with as many kids as I have with me, having people ask about the gender of the baby, how many others we have, and all the rest. I remember the first time someone noticed I was pregnant with Reilly, and I was SO excited. I was in a little coffee shop ordering a mocha, and the woman asked, "Would you like that decaf??" I quickly asked, "Why do you ask?" Because of my excitement, I removed any reluctance from her to admit that I looked pregnant. "Really??? You could tell that I'm pregnant??" I will miss these days.
I love the feeling of little hands and feet moving around inside of me, and am daily in awe of the amazing knitting together that is happening right inside of me. Little hands, little feet, little organs, tiny fingers and toes, joints, eyes, ears that can hear already (he jumps when my joints crack!)- the glory of God is so clearly revealed in this amazing journey of growth and development! Evolutionists must be ashamed to say that this happens over and over again, all by "chance"... What faith that takes!
Some people have the courage to ask, but I'm sure others wonder... is it as exciting the sixth time as it is the first? I can hardly put words to that answer. The wonder of a baby growing inside of me, the excitement of meeting this little one along with each of the others...literally just sent me to the tissue box. I have been so eagerly awaiting the birth of this little one just as much as each of the others. All of the similar thoughts and emotions that are stirred during pregnancy are stirred with each and every one. I wonder what he will look like? What will his temperament be like? Will everything be okay? What color will his hair be (I guess we've never really wondered that one)? Will he and Reilly be the best of friends, even with the age difference? How will the baby (Macy) handle being slightly displaced by the new baby? On and on the questions go... bottom line- we are SO excited to meet this baby, and have just as eagerly anticipated this one as all of the others. No less excitement, no less wonder. It's awesome and amazing, time after time after time after time.....
We are thrilled and excited, and are so thankful to the Lord for not only blessing us with one more child, but giving us the answer to our fervent prayers (Kurt's, I should say!), for giving us a boy! Incidentally, after we picked his name, we learned that "Dax" has quite significant meaning. "Dax" means "Leader". We will now pray that little Dax grows up to be a leader to influence and lead many to Christ!
Please pray for his safe arrival! We will keep you all posted and pictures will come as soon as we can get them up!

5 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

I love it Julie. Love you and praying for you my friend!

Michelle said...

You brought tears to my eyes! I am sitting here feeling similar feelings and wonder as Weston is happily rolling around in my belly! Thank u for sharing. How beautiful is the experience of becoming a mommy!

Jesse and Paulina said...

You should write a book! and include this post :)

M in Tarzana said...

Praise the LORD for your worshipful heart! Blessed are you whom our LORD has granted abundantly fruits of your womb! May HE save and delight in them all! May HE make good and faithful servants of your precious children, each and every one ... to HIS pleasure and HIS glory!

Liesy said...

You couldn't have worded it all better. Yes, children are SUCH a blessing!! Glad he arrived safely. Hope you can rest a little and I know you'll enjoy him thoroughly. love and hugs