Monday, October 8, 2007

Top 5 Funny Things my Kids have said

1. I can’t just list this one- it has to be explained a bit. This was actually a song that Shea sang when she was around three years old. I think she made it up. The words were, “Poke a spoon in the bottom of your heart, poke a spoon in the bottom of your heart…” (ouch-sounds like it might hurt!)

2.“Mom! The apple bit my cheek!” This was Cam, just a few weeks ago. Not because she actually thought the apple bit her, but because she has just learned to put words together and thought that sounded interesting. She makes up all sorts of tales and opens those big blue eyes so wide and nods her little head with conviction as she tells you.

3.“There’s a purple dog in my tushy!” This was also Cam and was recent. In fact, she elaborated on this story and with a little prodding she told us the dogs name was “Scruffy” and that he was even barking.

4. “MOM! Reilly is returning evil for evil!!!” (Shea) This one cracks me up, and even after clear (what I thought was clear) explanation, she doesn’t realize that she is indicting herself when she says this. In fact, they both use this one on each other- no joke.

5.“Hey mom, do we have any homing device milk?” This was my 7 year old son asking me. It took me a minute to respond. “What did you say?” He repeated the question, word for word. “Do we have any homing device milk? You know mom, with the red lid?” (homogenized- he tried reading the label, and “homing device” stuck with him) I have perpetuated this lie and couldn’t give it up yet. I only asked “what?” so I could hear him say it one more time. “Oh, homing device milk. No son, sorry. We don’t have that kind now. Only the blue kind.” I absolutely love the way that they hear things, and I don’t want him to figure it all out yet. I also don’t want him to embarrass himself in front of his friends… maybe I should tell him…but then I would have to tell him that "licence plates" are really called Frosted Flakes.

2 comments:

Hohn C said...

Poke a spoon is my favorite. Ouch!

joey said...

These are all CLASSIC. Kids are the greatest. Especially yours.