Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Steal of a Deal

Today while Macy napped, Kurt held down the fort (I guess making macaroni and cheese, watching "Lord of the Rings" with Reilly, and doing a little clean-up is considered "holding down the fort") Kinley and I went out shopping with my gift cards (thanks Grandpapa and Dee and Aunt Maggie!) and had a great time. The highlight was our Old Navy experience...

I found this great sweater in the boys section, but it had no tags. And wouldn't you know, there were no others like it. I found it on the clearance rack, and so had hopes that it would be on sale. I'm pretty cheap, so I was only planning on buying it if it was at least 50% off. Almost everything was on sale, so I figured my chances were pretty good. We finished our shopping-or I should say Kinley finished shopping ("Mommy, my legs hurt!" "I am SOOOOOO hungry!" "Can we go now?" "Can we go NOW?") so we headed for the check-out. First thing I said was, "can we please check the price of this sweater?" "Sure", was the friendly response. She entered the numbers from the little side tag, and stared at the screen for a second. Then she hit a cancel button, and started again. She finished entering the numbers, then came the same puzzled response. So she asks the guy at the next register, "hey, have you ever seen this?" She flips the screen over to him, as she says, "It's ringing up for a penny! What should I do?" He shrugs his shoulders, they discuss it for a moment, then came the response I never thought I'd hear, "Hey, just give it to her!" Stunned, excited, a little guilty, but thrilled for the story I could tell, I walked out of Old Navy with the best deal I have ever found!!
I spent at least an hour last night looking for the receipt so I could post a picture of it with the sweater, but to no avail...I will keep looking!

1 comment:

Amrena Skye said...

Wow! I have never heard of such a thing! Go Julie!!!