Wednesday, December 5, 2007

L.C. MADNESS

Okay, something happened with our sweet kitten...maybe she didn't like that we changed her name... We asked Kurt if we could change the name of our last cat from "Slight" to something else. We all put in our votes, then decided together that L.C. would be fitting. A little more feminine, and cuter than her given name ("Slight Hinricks Gebhards"). Anyway she has turned psyschotic in the past couple of days since becoming a lone cat in our house. She is tearing around the house presently, clawing up the couch, eyes bulging, tail curled, prancing, skipping, crouching, ATTACKING everyone and everything. She has terrified all of the girls at least once in the last two days, including me! I was minding my own business doing laundry this morning, and without notice, L.C. jumped at least 3 feet in the air attacking the piece of clothing I was holding. I think I jumped at least 3 feet in the air. Yesterday she was "in a mood" while the kids were upstairs and Cam was in the bath. L.C. kept running (in skittish, freak-like manner) in and out of the bathroom, which scared Macy who was crawling around (and caused her to cling to me, whimpering) while I helped Cam. Then she was jumping up and walking around the outside of the tub, and I knew something was about to go really wrong...after I threw her out of the bathroom several times, she insisted on tempting fate, and she LOST and fell into the bathtub with quite a splash, and of course a shrill scream from Cam. I was just hoping that she wouldn't freak out and claw Cam in the process! Thankfully, I got to her before there were any serious injuries. Today L.C. decided to check out all of my little people in my Department 56 Village...and again she was thrown out. Maybe L.C. needs to be an outside cat...

3 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Outside cat?!?! GREAT idea! :) love you!!!!

Wendy Penberthy said...

I second that opinion Holl, I am all for an outside cat, maybe L.C will get lost, ha ha!!

Hohn C said...

I think you are on your way for being 0 for 4 on cats. But hey, I'm allergic, so you'd have no complaints from me! ;-)