Sunday, December 30, 2007

Kid Profile #1: Macy Loo-Hoo

I've decided to take a portion of our Christmas letter profiling each of the munchkins and share one at a time on the blog, perhaps expanding a bit on what the Christmas letter included.
Macy Loo-Hoo, Macil, Boo-Boos~these are the assortment of nick-names that we have found ourselves calling her. I know they sound a little strange, and we gladly admit that. I offer no explanation. There is none. Well, Kurt and I can hardly conceive (haha) that we have added yet another munchkin to the Munch Bunch since writing our Christmas letter last year…little Macy was born February 16 and has added such sweetness to our family! She is the happiest baby alive, and I told her this morning that she is the most babylicious baby ever. She has scrumptiously chunky leg rolls (I measured them, and they are larger than Cam’s!), and we can’t get enough of her! She eats everything she is fed, and would eat until she burst if we didn't cut her off! The pediatrician told me that her eyes had a “mongoloid slant” (I wondered if we should be concerned). Next he asked me if we had any native American Indian blood in us (isn’t white-blond hair on all of my kids sitting in your office a give-away, or was there a small Swedish tribe that I’m not aware of???), then proceeded to look at all of the kids eyes (and mine!) declaring that we all had the slant! Who knew? Macy is starting to talk! She yells at me when she wants something (or just wants me). "MAMA!!" It's pretty clear. She has also had to start defending her toys as she is beginning to recognize when Cam takes them from her. I think it has caught Cam off-guard a couple of times, because normally there's no fight. Macy will yell, "NO!" or "NONO!!" and of course Cam comes right back with the melody to the song, "NONONO!" It is beginning to get interesting as Macy is figuring things out. Today when our friends were watching her, they swore that she said "Thank-you" repeatedly! Another new favorite word is, "uh-oh"... She is becoming her own little person- how did it happen so fast???

2 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Girl! I love you! Let's get together this week. I will try to come by. Love you!

joey said...

"The pediatrician told me that her eyes had a “mongoloid slant” (I wondered if we should be concerned). "
Wow, this had me laughing. This is such a classic 'munch bunch' situation/story.