Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Our Wii Boy

Ry-man, Riles, sweet Riles~Reilly is excelling in many areas these days. He loves to play baseball with dad in the yard (I’m not sure who loves it more…) which is a routine part of the day. He is also playing basketball again, and is loving it! His team has practiced a lot since summer, and they came out with a big bang in their first game last weekend (58 to 0). He’s also started piano lessons and is doing really well. Reilly is a great big brother and loves his sissies, even though they now have cooties! We’ve entered that stage… He is also doing well in school, and loves reading. His love of Star Wars has been increasing (still!!), and his room is now decked out with 6 posters…I think Kurt would rather sleep in there some nights…
Last night we received what the kids have been calling "the best Christmas present ever"- a Nintendo Wii! I would have to agree with them. Today we set it up for the first time, and I think it was on for nine consecutive hours! Today I knocked out Ryan and Marco boxing, beat Kurt and Kinley in doubles tennis, received a pathetic fitness test score of AGE 67 (yikes!), and created the coolest "Mii"s which may have topped the list of fun on the Wii for me. You can custom create your own characters and name them, then they wander around on the screen ("plaza")- there's Grandma and Grandpa, Grandpapa, Mr. Hohn, and our entire family! You can choose from all sorts of eyes, noses, face shapes, hair styles, colors, etc. and move them around until you get the cartoon faces just right- it's amazing! Love it. But the very best part of the whole day was when Reilly and Kinley first began playing, and with every single swing of the baseball "bat" (the controller) Reilly was literally jumping up and down screaming at the top of his lungs announcing whatever small feat he had just achieved. "MOMMY!! (jump jump) I GOT A FOUL (jump) BALL!!" "I (jump) JUST HIT (jump) A HOME (jump jump) RUN!!!!!" He exerted so much energy in the first half hour, I almost collapsed for him! (Or maybe that's because I was up until 2:30 last night...)

3 comments:

joey said...

wii sports is a pretty a popular activity at the Elkwood House (Vince's place). Just 2 weeks ago, at the Epoch Christmas Party, we were playing wii sports boxing. Julia Wilcox (as Kurt) knocked me out (as Johnny Mac). I didn't think that was very appropriate. I think Julia should have let Johnny Mac win... I mean, isn't that what Kurt would have really have done?

Wendy Penberthy said...

Julie, we love the Wii too, it is soo fun! We had fun creating our characters too!!

Happy Hollie said...

I wanna come play!!!!
Coffee soon?!?!?
love you.