Sunday, January 6, 2008

Kinlers

Kinley-May, the MAC, Kinlerses, my biggest baby~Kinley is the same sweet happy girl with sparkling eyes and cheerful attitude. She has become an example to everyone in our family of what a servant is-she loves to serve! When Shea mentions she needs something, Kinley, without a word, brings it to her with a sweet smile. She is eager to help at all times! Kinley loves Master’s Kids (pre-school) and is the most easy-going kid. Kinley has won many hearts with her genuine sweetness and her sparkly smile. However, when I was teacher (music time) in TMK, she happened to be the leader of the giddy and silly clan which had quite a following- when I moved her to another seat, 4 kids followed her- either I’m a bad teacher, or she’s an influential leader!
Kinley celebrated her birthday for the third time (officially) tonight at church in her Discovery kids classroom, and even received a sweet gift and goodie bag from her teachers! I am so thankful and appreciative for all that they do and the efforts that the Allens put into those precious kids Sunday nights! A shout out to Steve, Susan and Sean Allen for loving those kids!
Back to the Mac...she turned five on Dec. 30, and I teased her before her birthday that I was going to make her turn back to three on this birthday-she didn't like that idea, so we just pulled out some old videos and watched her just before she turned two running laps in a diaper- literally, we counted and she ran 100 five yard sprints back and forth at our old house! It is one of the most precious videos of the kids that I can remember. How time flies!
Another admirable trait of our sweet Kinley is that she will turn down ice cream, cookies, all sorts of sweets and eat fruit instead! She turned down a cupcake, marshmallow candy, and Capri-Sun multiple times yesterday, and chose to eat her apple instead. What kid actually prefers an apple over a cupcake??? I never dreamed that a child from my family heritage would! Certainly not inherited from my side!

2 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Hey sis! Want to still shoot for Thursday night? Love you!

Maggie said...

Julie, I'm quite sure I sent Kinley a "You're 4!" birthday card. If so, I am appalled -- both that I did that AND that she's 5! XO Maggie