Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Making Uncle Bryan Proud


It's been a while since I've posted a picture, but this one's priceless!! I don't know many people that have this ability- or, it is more likely that I don't know many people that would admit to this type of talent, but it is definitely in the genes. My brother has an extreme ability in this category that is rarely topped by anyone (except for myself, back in the day), but in my estimation, Camdyn has just stolen the prize. (I used to compete with him- until having kids and vowing never to show my stomach to anyone). I've been tempted to search for the picture that I have of my brother and his 6-months pregnant wife standing back to back and post it here, but it's somewhere deep in the oceans of unorganized pictures and I would spend all night on a search that may prove useless. The picture of my brother and his wife is etched in my mind right now- let me describe it for you. Like I said, they are standing back to back, and my brother is holding his shirt up over the top of his belly, cradling his stomach between his hands. If you could remove the "fur" from his stomach, you would be hard-pressed to decide who looked more pregnant. The really amusing part is that my brother is really proud of this uncanny ability he has. His wife, who is a bit more "reserved", endures the picture with half of a smile, indulging him in the moment and only half amused (and a little grossed out) that he is soooo good at this, and so proud of it. I suppose our family is a little odd in some ways, and Julie (my sister-in-law) and Kurt (my hubby) sometimes commiserate on these oddities, but I think deep down they have a sincere appreciation and admiration for us (LOL!!!).

2 comments:

Wendy Penberthy said...

Oh yah Julie, I think she gets it from you, and I've see first hand that you can do it too, back in the day, ha ha!!!

Julie Gebhards said...

Wendy, I'm so glad you're coming home soon!! Hollie and I had coffee last night and want to get you, me, her and Kellie together for a dinner out... sometime next week when Mike is home? Let's do it, girl!! Love you!