Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reillyism

Core Group- n. a group of four to five same-gender Christians within the Foundry who meet together with a leader once a week for spiritual encouragement, accountability, and fellowship

So we made our normal donut stop Sunday morning and the kids were happily eating their chocolate glazed in the back seat when Reilly pipes in with,
"Mom, thanks SO much for the donuts!" (I'm the one who runs in and picks them up.)
"No problem Reilly, but you really should thank dad. He is the one who makes the money so that we can buy things like donuts."
"But mom, you make money too."
"Oh, I do? How do you think I make money?"
"Well," (slight pause with thought) "you lead a core group."
Kurt and I looked at each other and cracked up. For one, I do not lead a core group. I haven't led a core group in years. Secondly, who knew there was such great money in leading a core group? Maybe I should consider a second career...

4 comments:

Crystal said...

So cute Julie - I am looking forward to the girls talking and telling me what is on their minds :) Thanks so much for the cinnamon roll tips - I have tried to make them like 3 or 4 times because Austin and Justin LOVE them - and every time they turned out really hard. I will let you know how they turn out when I take your tips :) Baking is NOT my forte.

Julie Gebhards said...

Mom was supposed to do Reillyism 2 not plain> From Shea Gebhards

clyde said...

Julie. Lisa and I always notice the pink box in the front passenger seat of your mini-van on Sundays. We think this is a great thing.

Reilly's comments/conversation are hilarious. Your blog is maybe one of the funnest out there.

My question is, have you considered the amount of trans fat in a donut?

Just kidding. No really.

Julie Gebhards said...

I love trans fat, Clyde. It is the tastiest form out there. You should try it. Thanks for your encouragement... I have many sources for stories!