Friday, April 17, 2009

Amazon Woman-Child (good thing she has a pretty face)

A few weeks ago Kurt and I were at a loss trying to figure out what to do for poor Cam in the middle of the night. It was (and currently is) a pattern for her to wake up in the middle of the night every night with pain in her legs. We've been giving out lots of motrin (thanks Costco) and spending time rubbing her poor little legs throughout the night. Then, I had the idea of measuring her to check out her growth, having no idea what to expect. I had to measure, and re-measure just to make sure I was right.
Camdyn has grown almost two inches since the beginning of January. For fun, let's say she grows at approximately that rate (slightly less) for the next ten years. She's 42 1/2 inches tall today. That would mean that she would be over 10 feet tall at 14 years of age... She'd be a great middle blocker!

3 comments:

Nelly said...

Hi Julie! Obie is going through the same thing right now (I guess it's growing pains). He calls it "the death pain" :) So sad. Anyway, I sewed up a little pillow type thing and filled it with rice. Whenever he wakes up feeling "the death pain", I just pop this little pillow thing in the microwave for a minute and then let him rest it against his legs. It really seems to work quickly for him and stays hot for a good long time. I've also just filled a sock up with rice, tied it off, and microwaved it. Maybe this will help Camdyn.

Anonymous said...

Poor Kam! Ouch . . .to grow so fast! My brother used to have pains like that! Just be encouraged that your going to be an AMAZING Basketball and volleyball player so the pain isn't in vain sweet girl!

Amie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.