Thursday, April 9, 2009

Painted Pony Farm Field Trip with Kinley

McKinley and Kate on the bus being silly...
Photo op...my sweet little kindergartner!

Cute little girl holding a cute little chick... she put the thing to sleep!


Feeding the goats- she was trying to feed the baby, and was a little scared when the big mama's came over...



The girls...The first two on the left are the girls Kinley talks about all the time- Bella and Kate. They love each other and are SO cute together! Kinley comes home and tells me about their conversations- usually silly, but they always compliment each other. I love it!
Since it's a little difficult for me to get into the kids' classroom regularly, I attempt to go on their field trips with them whenever possible. My name was drawn out of the hat for Kinley's field trip, and she was so excited! I was too. We had such a fun day with her little friends. As you can see, there was a lot to see and do. She learned all about a working farm- this one is family owned and the tour was given by the husband, wife and daughter. Farmer Pam makes homemade goat ice cream the night before each field trip comes, and it was delicious. She got to milk a goat, hold baby chicks, feed the goats and sheep, and we saw a huge pig, chickens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, and I think that's it. It was so much fun and the weather was just perfect. My favorite part had to be watching how Kinley interacts with her little friends and with her teacher. I think she may be Mrs. Fitzpatrick's favorite...of course!

2 comments:

Leo and Kim said...

Kinley is soooo beautiful! I can't believe your third kid is the same as my oldest. :) What a fun field trip...I'm glad you were able to go and enjoy being a part of such a special time. Did you admire Farmer Pam and that she makes goat ice cream? Wow!

Amber said...

where is this farm? sounds like a place madison would LOVE to go!