Friday, October 24, 2008

Boo-boo

We had a minor event tonight in the Gebhards home... It was around bedtime and Shea went downstairs to get a drink of water. She came back up rather quickly, screaming her lungs out and really upset. I took a minute to get up to see what was happening, (knowing that it could have been a scraped toe or misplaced Polly Pocket), but since the screaming didn't let up, I figured I'd check it out. To my surprise, when I came out of the girls room, she was sitting on Daddy's lap at the top of the stairs, blood streaming down her face! She had literally jumped up to reach a cup out of the cupboard, not recognizing that the cupboard door corner was directly above her forehead (I'm not sure how she missed that). Anyway, she gashed open her head. As we all know, head wounds bleed pretty well, so it looked pretty icky at first! We decided to let nurse mommy take over. Instead of urgent care, I went to Ralph's, picked up some butterfly closures, and went to work. She seems to be fine, and I think they'll do the trick!

No comments: