Friday, October 31, 2008

This Morning

Wow. This morning was crazy! Not abnormal in most ways, but lots of things converged at once. At one point, I had three phone calls coming in at once! So I got Reilly and Shea out the door with their costumes on, and was checking a couple of blogs when I found out that baby Reese passed away yesterday, on her first birthday. (Kostjuk5.blogspot.com). Sobering. I received a phone call from Norm (one of the three), and received more news about Nichole (friend with cancer- nicholegreene.blogspot.com). Camdyn was coloring on the floor, Macy was crying about nothing all morning, and Kinley was making a huge mess in the kitchen- scissors, crayons, pens, and paper all over the place.
Thankfully, (despite home chaos!) my mind has been fixed on spiritual things all day. I've been reminded that life is a vapor, and we need to live each day- each moment, for the glory of God. I am so clouded in my vision sometimes, that I get caught up in "stuff", not remembering that my life is not my own, and must be lived for the glory and honor of Christ! I could die tomorrow. Could I look back and know that I did my best to honor the Lord today? Resolved: to refocus my attention on bringing glory to God throughout the day, no matter how meager the task.

No comments: