Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reunited!

Today was such a fun day! A college friend was in town (from out of state) and so four of us made a plan to get together. I think we figured it had been 11 years since most of us had seen each other (except for me and Wendy). Time flies! Christy was my roomie my freshman year ( a GREAT room-mate!), Liz was across the hallway from us (but pretty much lived in our room), and of course Wendy was down the hall (on my volleyball team). We all hung out all the time- wing-things, games, girl nights, crazy times! I miss these girls! We had such a great time hanging out and chatting the afternoon away. I am so grateful that my friends are all still walking closely with the Lord and serving and discipling and building the church! What a blessing to spend the day with them.

Wendy, Christy, Me, and Liz (Elisabeth) Shea is the photographer, and that is Jaden hiding behind Liz...hmmm...

This is Jaden in my kitchen, making himself right at home. No joke, he was in my cupboards and in the fridge and freezer browsing ALL day. I have never had any kid help themselves like this kid! He seriously asked me for like 20 different things today, as he stood in front of the open fridge or freezer. I love the kid, so of course I let him have whatever he wanted (which is why he keeps at it, I'm sure!). It just makes me laugh SO HARD. He just walks into the kitchen, right over to the fridge/freezer, opens both doors, and stares until he finds something he likes. Then, from across the kitchen, comes, "Um, Julie, can I have an Otter Pop?" (Wendy's head drops as she grimaces and tries to stop him from finishing the question). The topper was this one. Standing in front of the open fridge, and he yells across the house, "Julie, could you make me some cookie dough?" Yah, for real! The funniest thing about it is that he does and says all of it without being a bit presumptuous, and is the sweetest kid ever! (And so cute!)

5 comments:

Brian Aaby said...

I fly all the way from Seattle to see you, and you can't even post a picture with my eyes open?!? It was so fun today, we'll have to do it again soon!

Julie Gebhards said...

Sorry Liz, that's what you get with a seven year old taking pictures! Wendy's head was cut off in one of them, and in another one I'm pointing at something (looks like my finger is in your ear), and the last one Wendy was doing rabbit ears on you with her eyes crossed. I feel your pain.

Christy Mabs said...

I had a great time today too! Thanks Julie for opening your home and giving of your time so generously!!It was as though time had hardly passed.. Just so you know I had to best roomies on campus. You overlooked the crazy poster and silly habits and loved me anyway!!! We have to get together again soon! Much love, Christy

Leo and Kim said...

What fun! I'm so glad that you girls got together! I miss you all!

Wendy Penberthy said...

OH MY GOODNESS.... first of all, I seriously wasn't doing rabbit ears, are you sure that wasn't one of the kids??? I noticed of course Jaden in this picture and the one that Christy put up on Facebook, I see McKinley's little legs underneath all of ours.... Jaden adn McKinley were up to no good during our photo shoot, ha ha!!! Thanks for yesterday and the yummy food Jules!!