Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blind

Cam is doing pretty well with the glasses, but likes to take them off and put them back on quite a bit. I think they're bugging her a little. The prescription for the lenses was +4.75 in one eye, and +4.5 in the other. Anyone know what that means? As far as I read, I think that's strong! I believe a 5.0 would make her legally blind! Honestly, though, I am rejoicing and haven't had the faintest notion of sadness for her having to wear glasses. (She's liking them too, which helps!) And I think she's so cute with them! They are pink, in case it was hard to tell in the pics. That was very important for her. God is good!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

4.75! - that puts it in perspective, so to speak.

bean said...

Uh, yeah.

My correction is 3.5 in both eyes, and without my glasses or contacts, EVERYTHING past about 10 inches is *really* blurry. She might have a headache as well - each time I've had my rx adjusted, I've had a little bit of a headache for a few days. Since she went through such a drastic change, it might be hurting...well, and the adjustment to seeing so many details is probably kind of weird as well.

M in Tarzana said...

(Psalm 145:8-12)
The LORD is gracious and full of compassion,
Slow to anger and great in mercy.
The LORD is good to all,
And His tender mercies are over all His works.

All Your works shall praise You, O LORD,
And Your saints shall bless You.
They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom,
And talk of Your power,
To make known to the sons of men His mighty acts,
And the glorious majesty of His kingdom.

Maggie said...

I can't tell you how moving it was to see these pictures and imagine little Camdyn's experience of seeing the world for the first time.
This blog is such a gift to those of us who love you and wish we were closer.
Many thanks and much love.

The Martinez Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Martinez Family said...

My whole family gets 'great' vision from my dad. Worst is - or used to be - my sister, who was 6.25 and 6.75. With glasses, she could drive, go to uni, watch movies, etc., but without them couldn't even see her feet in the shower. But just a month or so ago, Michelle had laser surgery and now has almost perfect vision. Another praise to God! That's a long way down the track, should Cam decide to go that route, but just imagine where the technology will be at by the time Cam's in 20s. In the meantime, she'll have a lot of fun meshing optical style with that funky nature of hers! Those glasses are adorable!