Thursday, August 28, 2008

Camdynism #9

Last night Cam was wanting to converse with me. It's a need she has every once in a while- I think it's when she feels neglected. Middle child syndrome, maybe. (somewhere in the middle) So she came into the kitchen perhaps mimmicking her big sister's conversation with me. She didn't know exactly what she was going to say, but this is what finally came out- broken up by short silences and other "thinking" noises like "um", and lots of body movement. She can't stand still, or sit still for that matter.
"Mom. MOM. Mom." (tugging at my shirt) Sadly, it sometimes takes three attempts to get my attention. I am working on that.
"Yes, Cam?"
"My leg hurts because I'm filled up."
"Oh, I see. What do you mean by that?"
She pauses, looking out the side of her eyes, trying to come up with an intelligible answer.
"That's why I'm out of time."