Thursday, August 7, 2008

One of THOSE days...


Well, some days I have trouble coming up with something interesting to post, and other days are, well, like today. All things considered, actually, today was a pretty moderate day and we did get a few things done. Anyway, among the more interesting aspects of the day...

1. Reilly trips at dinner and spits a mouthful of ice and water on the floor.

2. Cam holds one bite of corn in her mouth for 45 minutes before swallowing. (the smell of cookies baking offered some motivation)
CAMDYNISM #5 "Mommy, my arm hurts from eating this corn for so long!!!"

3. Macy sleeps for a record 5 hours. I think that's the record for all of my kids! (the monitor was on the whole time- so I know she was sleeping!)

Okay, well my brain is fried for some reason. I am really tired, but I saved the best for last. This morning while the girls and I were going through their closet Camdyn disappeared for a while. I sent Shea down to check on her and make sure she was okay. I heard Shea walking around the house shouting for Cam, with no response. I could hear a little panic setting in with Shea (she is a little on the dramatic side), but just as she started to get worked up, I hear a stern, "MOM! COME HERE!!" (Shea-little mommy) I come downstairs and find Shea in the living room pointing. Behind the wing-back chair in the corner was this (see picture above). She had asked me 10 minutes earlier if she could have a "Danimals", to which I responded "no". I'm not a mean mom, it was just 30 minutes until we were going to eat lunch. I guess she decided she really wanted one. Then she wanted another. Hey, if you're already going to get in trouble, why not make it worth it? She was in the middle of drinking her 4th yogurt when she was caught. I would give just about anything to see her face as she was listening to Shea calling for her! By the way, she had also already had one at breakfast, making that a record 5 for today. Well, she did get in trouble, and will not be eating Danimals for a while.
I wonder if I'm sending her the wrong message by taking all of these pictures of her being naughty??

7 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

Girl! No wonder you were so tired when I talked to you on the phone.

Leo and Kim said...

Wow! What a day. I can't wait to meet Camdyn some day...I think she and Leyna would get along splendidly. :) The new hair-do looks cute...good job.

Rochelle said...

She is so beautiful. Even if she is being naughty!

clyde said...

at least she is getting her probiotics.

Wendy Penberthy said...

Julie.. i am just really loving cam right now, she really makes me laugh. i know it's not so funny for you, but she is too much!

Kristi Bowers said...

I am glad to know that my kids aren't the only ones that cut hair. Kaleb gave Hannah her first hair cut. I was mortified and when I asked him what he was thinking, he said he heard me and daddy talking about it but we didn't do anything about it and he was tired of waiting, so he just helped us out. The second time, Hannah got her haircut at a place for the first time, and I found her later that day "fixing" it. This was when she was 4 almost 5, she said she didn't like how the lady did it, it wasn't what she imagined, so she chopped herself some bangs and layers..didn't do half bad....

Eric M said...

Melissa told me about this story, but looking at that picture is absolutely priceless. :)