Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another Day in the Life of this Mom

Here are a few of the day's events- I'll try to keep them in order.
1. Woke up and spent time preparing for the day- reading Romans 8 and praying for patience today (the Lord knew I needed it!)
2. Woke up Reilly and Shea (after 4 nights being up late- this was no easy task) and fed them, made their lunches, and got them off to school
3. Swept and mopped the kitchen floor
4. Witnessed a huge fight in the Scramble (facebook) chat- it was something else!
4 1/2. Snuck a few minutes of reading about the martyrs, until interrupted by waking children
5. Ate breakfast with Cam at the little kid table (she thought that was cool) since she woke up before Kinley and Macy. Breakfast was followed by a game of Uno attack which is humorous- Cam doesn't really know how to play, so it was a team effort
6. Packed Kinley's lunch, did her hair, and got her off to school
7. Ran to Target with "the littles" for a couple of things and ran into an old friend (I love Kim Gibson-Kollman!)- ate lunch there
8. Read books to "the littles", put them down for naps, and unloaded Target bags and cleaned the kitchen (all sorts of crayons and scrap cut up paper from yesterday afternoon)
9. Cleaned some more
10. Cleaned Dr. Pepper spill (way to go, Reilly!) from the kitchen floor, dining room carpet, cupboard door, outside of fridge, inside of fridge, behind the deli drawer, produce drawer, under the fridge, in the laundry room, on the wall- needless to say, it was quite a spill!
11. Woke up the littles so we could go pick up Kinley
12. Made bracelets with the girls (colored beads and letters from the $1 section at Target!)
13. Prepared dinner with 3 little chefs for the restaurant- "Chevy Shea's", then served it to daddy
14. Spoke with my friend Nichole about her recent doctor appointment (my friend with cancer) and encouraged each other about the importance of spending time alone with the Lord (with 4 and 5 kids, it's no easy feat)
15. The rest of the dinner clean-up awaits me...
After a good game of hide and seek with daddy, the kids are now on the "Bible couch" reading about Elymas in the Bible.
I neglected to mention (it wasn't really an event") that Cam identified the shape of "pants" in my vericose veins... thanks Cam! Wow, the reality of aging is setting in.
Are you tired?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie! You're awesome! I love reading about your days! My life sounds like a cake walk compared to your daily activities. And yet I still manage to complain and feel overwhelmed. Maybe I should read about the martyrs?? You are doing a great job (by God's grace) and I am encouraged to seek Him first before I approach the kiddos!

Unknown said...

that was kristin harvey, by the way, not ken!