Friday, August 8, 2008

Interesting Things I've Done Today

1. Cleaned up a HUGE accident from "trouble"(I won't mention any names)- glad for pergo floors today!
2. Cleaned peanut butter out of Macy's hair
3. Baked chocolate chip cookies
4. Picked and ate a home grown tomato (I think I've defeated the gophers)
5. Played Webkinz- "Home Before Dark" (level 8) and "Booger gets an A" (level 10)
6. Made "Kamekaze" sandwiches for lunch for the kids (Kurt's invention)
7. Did laundry (okay, so that's not very interesting)
8. Cleaned boogers off of a bedpost
9. Trimmed bug-infested cilantro in my herb garden
10. Ate salad and a mocha for lunch (my life is full of ironies)
11. Filled the big (18 inches deep) pool in the backyard and sent the kids out to play
12. Took the kiddos out for pizza and ice cream, then to the park
13. Cleaned up another accident at the park from "trouble"...are you kidding? She hasn't had accidents in a long time, and 3 in one day?
14. Played "simon says" in the park (away from the crowds- I didn't want to be seen by someone I know while flapping my arms like a bird or doing jumping jacks)
15. Put the kids to bed...aaaaahhhhhhhh. Now it's time to snuggle up with a good book (Holiness by JC Ryle) and relax until Kurt comes home. He's preaching tonight at the Foundry.
16. I just received the best reward at the end of a hard day- Shea just finished brushing her teeth and came in the office and said, "I just wanted to come in here to tell you something. Thank you for all that you do and I love you," followed by a big hug. What a sweetie!

7 comments:

Happy Hollie said...

A day well spent and worth it!

Leo and Kim said...

What a busy day. What a sweetheart Shae must be. It makes it all worth it I am sure. Well, maybe not the boogers off of the bedpost...gross. What is a kamekazi sandwich?

Wendy said...

Yes, please share the secrets to your kamekaze sandwiches! :)

Julie Gebhards said...

Kamikazi...peanut butter, jelly, honey, marshmallow creme (or marshmallows), chocolate chips, cookies or crunchy cereal (like pb captain crunch, etc.) Whatever sweet treats you can find in the pantry. It's a party on sliced bread!

Julie Gebhards said...

A culinary celebration! And you must "crazy cut" the sandwich once made. House rules.

bean said...

Julie, at first I found this post entertaining. Then I actually realized that all of this happened in ONE DAY. Then the post made me tired. I want your energy.

Eric M said...

Okay, when I was in elementary (when my family had two sets of bunk beds, I kept my boogers on the wall next to my pillow... so the bedpost isn't that bad. Gross none-the-less!