Thursday, September 11, 2008

Are You KIDDING ME??

Yep, if you haven't guessed yet, Camdyn took the scissors to her hair again today for the 4th time (I think). Sorry about the nasty trash can picture, but you can see my dark hair on the bottom (I gave myself a trim today)- wow, I didn't realize my hair was that dark! And that's obviously Cam's hair on the top. Yes, there is a LOT of it. I am in a state of shock right now, but I think I'm getting over it. Here's how it went.


This picture was taken this morning. Notice the long, flowing hair coming out from behind the bow. I was attempting to get some nice shots of her this morning, and I should have tried harder. It will be a long time before I get some shots of her that I like. Wouldn't you know, this morning the nice camera wouldn't work (Memory Card Error kept appearing on the screen, and I couldn't take any). So I pulled out the cheapie camera, and took some really bad snapshots.
Hmmm.... something's missing... oh, I guess that would be HER HAIR. I am in a state of disbelief. If that isn't the guiltiest look you've seen... So I spent 30 minutes this afternoon trimming my hair in the bathroom. Cam was on my bed watching a movie, or so I thought. We went to school to pick up Kinley, and during our ride home, I glanced back and noticed something VERY wrong with Cam's hair.

This is the damage. Looks like she was going for the feathered 80's look. The damage was much more extensive this time. There are sections that you can't see well in the picture that are literally 1/2 inch long. Her bangs now begin in the very MIDDLE of her head. I asked her when she did it. This is what she said. "I was hiding in your closet." Well, there's not much more to say. As I was attempting to trim it a little and expressing my lack of success in making it look any better, the big kids asked me, "are we going to have to shave her whole head?" Well, if she gets to the scissors again, we just might!





7 comments:

Hohn C said...

I love that last picture with her hand on her chest. She's like all, "Who, me?" :-)

On the camera, did the memory card that I gave you not work?

Scott said...

She is still sooooo precious! All of your kids are!

Love,
Sandi

Julie Gebhards said...

Hohn, it's a different memory card. Your's works perfectly! Thanks!

Wendy Penberthy said...

Julie... was this AFTER the gym yesterday?? I can't believe that, she is SO funny!

M in Tarzana said...

Good thing our LORD made her soooo cute! She still looks adorable ... albeit maybe it's due in part to your handiwork with the scissors! Hmmm ... seems like she's just a chip of the not-so-old-block! Do YOU have adventures with Hack the Hair from your childhood you dare to recount?!

Leo and Kim said...

Oh Julie....I could not stop laughing when I saw the pictures of her. I am so sorry. I hope Leyna never experiments with scissors because she reminds me a lot of Camdyn. Does Camdyn know you have a blog? Maybe she is just trying to give you some good material!

Julie Gebhards said...

Midori! Of all of the naughty things I did do, I don't think I ever cut my hair! At least I've never heard any stories from my mom, and I always had a full head of long blond hair!