Sunday, September 21, 2008

California Girls


Shea's reaction when she saw this post


We arrived at night church tonight and were sitting in the parked car for a minute. Shea was in the front seat playing with the buttons (boy I love it when the kids play with buttons in the car). She found the outside temperature gauge, and it said 77 degrees.
"Mom, it is 77 degrees outside. It is SOOOOOO cold!!"
I have to admit, there was a part of me that was concerned that it was getting a little chilly (and might be cold by the end of the night). But in an instant, I snapped out of it and laughed.
"Well, compared to 113 degrees, it's freezing!!" It actually did feel cool in the shade tonight, although all of us were in short sleeved shirts...Sweet Shea- she meant it with all her heart! We are spoiled with the California weather! (Well, not the 113 degree weather we endure occasionally during the summer)
I figured the relatives in New York and Missouri would get a kick out of this!

1 comment:

bean said...

hee hee - I still feel like that and we've lived somewhere that freezes for 7 years now!